From: "John L" <>
Subject: [Irish in Chicago] Reposting Interests
Date: Sun, 02 Apr 2006 07:36:41 -0400

Hello,
I've been working on a Patrick Lyons family in Chicago. Patrick had at least
5 children.
William Lyons married Annie McDonough about 1865. They had eight children,
including my husband's grandfather.
Ellen Lyons married Thomas Sheehan from County Clare, Ireland
Mary Lyons married an Edmond Connors. I think this name became Edward
O'Connor later.
John Lyons married Emma Kent(?) and Nellie Donoghue
Patrick Jr. died unmarried.
I know nothing of the Irish origins of this family except that they came
from County Cork. Patrick was born before 1820. According to the Ancestry's
Irish Families in Chicago database, Patrick's wife was a Nora McDonnell.
Patrick is a widower in the 1880 census. He died 01 May 1887 and is buried
in Calvary cemetery. The Chicago death records list him as 80 in 1887.
I have a great deal of of information about this family into the present. I
also have some pictures.
-Jennifer Lyons

This thread: