From: Nan Brennan <>
Subject: Re: [Irish in Chicago] Reposting Interests
Date: Sun, 2 Apr 2006 04:59:41 -0500

Bill

I don't know if this helps but this is want Matthieson Report gives
for O'Toole births in 1890:

O\'Toole Total births:39

Principally located in counties:Dublin, Wicklow, and Limerick. Zoom
map

Spelling variations O'Toole(36)

Total Ulster = 6
Total Leinster = 26
Total Connaught = 0
Total Munster = 7

In Griffiths Valuation I found these John O'Tooles

Dublin Co. Rathfarnham Parish, Rathgar Townlanddate 1849
Dublin Co. St. Mark Parish, Hawkins Streetdate1854
Dublin CitySt Mary Parish ( no townland or subdiv given) street no
113:113date 1854

No Edwards or Edwins in Dublin co or Dublin City.

Found no Morrisseys in Dublin city.

Lot of Morris and Morriss in Dublin Co. and these Morrisseys:

"No first Name" in Blackrock, Newtown of Monkstown Parish.
2 Johns on Brunswick Street, Great of St Mark Parish
Andrew, George's Hill of St Michan Parish
4 Andrews, Green Street, of St Michan Parish
Laurence, Pembroke Place, Lower St Peter Parish (Pembroke Lane)

There was (maybe still is) a banking family in Chicago. The O'Tooles
orginally were in South Shore then moved to Beverly. They ran the
Pullman Bank, later Standard Pullman Bank. Is that your family? I
think the original bank, servicing the steel workers was in Roseland
and then the first Standard Pullman was across from the Evergreen
Plaza at 95th and Western. May still be there I don't know.

Enjoyed reading your post, thanks! Fascinating story about John
Morrissey in NY.
There is or was a John Morrissey Judge in Cook County, Notre Dame
grad--is he one of yours?

You have a date of birth on John J. O'Toole and you know it is Dublin
either co or city, have you sent for a birth certificate?
I don't subscribe to any Dublin boards, do you?

You've done a lot of good work you must be happy with your
accomplishments.

Nan

This thread: