Subject: Hayden's from County Carlow
Date: Tue, 28 Mar 2006 12:17:51 -0500

Hello,

My husband's Hayden ancestors came from Moyvalley, County Carlow.
Thomas Hayden and Ellen (maiden name unknown) had 4 children. I don't
know if they came to the US.

Their children are:

William Hayden died in Chicago in 1887 at the age of 26. He was born in
Ireland. He was married to Mary Brothey. They had a son, Thomas F.
Hayden. Thomas was in vaudeville. He was part of a tumbling act called
"The Eight Bells". His obit says they were world-renowned but I haven't
been able to find out anything about them. I don't know if Thomas was
married.

Mary Hayden died in Chicago at the age of 93. She immigrated about 1885.
She never married.

Michael Hayden died in Chicago in 1919. He was born about 1865 in
Ireland. He was married to Catherine O'Neill. Her parents were Patrick
O'Neill and Elizabeth Murphy. They had no children but she did have a
nephew, William O'Neill.

Ella Hayden was born in 1871 in Chicago. She married Edward Cullerton
or Culleton. It was spelled both ways depending on the record. Edward
came from County Wexford. Ella had 10 children, all born in Chicago.

There is a Janice Hayden who was godmother to one of Ella's children but
I don't know how she fits in.

It would be nice to find others who are researching these families.

Kathy Cullerton
Florida

This thread: