From: "l d" <>
Subject: RE: IRISH-IN-CHICAGO-D Digest V06 #2
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 23:28:08 +0000

Another site for listings of the Irish transported can be found here in the
Irish Archives>>>
http://www.nationalarchives.ie/topics/transportation/search01.html

Here is an example of one of the heinous crimes commited that meant being
exiled from one's own country by the occupiers.
SURNAME: BEIRNE OTHER NAMES: JANE
AGE: 18 SEX: F ALIAS:

PLACE OF TRIAL: Co. Leitrim TRIAL DATE: 17/10/1848
PLACE OF IMPRISONMENT: DOCUMENT DATE:

CRIME DESCRIPTION: Stealing bed curtains
SENTENCE: Transportation 7 yrs
SHIP:

PETITIONER: RELATIONSHIP:

DOCUMENT REFERENCES: TR 8, P 232

Larry Devitt

>Subject: IRISH-IN-CHICAGO-D Digest V06 #2
>Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 11:00:17 -0700

>IRISH-IN-CHICAGO-D DigestVolume 06 : Issue 2
>
>Today's Topics:
> #1 Fwd: Irish Deported in 1700s [dan hogan
><>]
> #2 MASON (etc) SURNAME IN CO. CLARE, [Judith Mason
><]
>
>Administrivia:
>To unsubscribe from IRISH-IN-CHICAGO-D, send a message to
>

>that contains in the body of the message the command
>
> unsubscribe
>
>and no other text. No subject line is necessary, but if your software
>requires one, just use unsubscribe in the subject, too.
>
>To contact the IRISH-IN-CHICAGO-D list administrator, send mail to
>.
>
>______________________________

>Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2006 15:59:17 -0800 (PST)
>From: dan hogan <>
>Subject: Fwd: Irish Deported in 1700s
>
>LOTS of names here, very good site, strongly
>recommend. Many transported to America as well.
>Dan Hogan
>

> > Here is a website listing, by county, those
> > deported/transported from
> > Ireland from 1737-1743. It is a big list (1,920
> > persons in 7 yrs):
> >
>http://www.ulsterancestry.com/ua-free_Convicts-and-Vagabonds.html
> > While it gives dates, and whether the transported
> > person was a convict
> > or a vagabond, I can't find where they were
> > transported to. However, I
> > would guess it was Australia.
> >
> > --
> > Pat Connors, Sacramento CA