From: Nan Brennan <>
Subject: Re: IRISH-I UpsideDown Club
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 21:36:54 -0500

Here's a reference to "Edward O'Leary"s Upsidedown Club" in another
obit:

1963-10-23
Chicago Tribune (IL) Nowakowski
Alderman Stanley J. Nowakowski of the 11th ward; dearly beloved
husband of the late Ann; fond brother of Lottie Lempe, Joseph, Mary
Vaughn, Leo and Edward; loving son of the late John and Stella;
devoted fiance of Dolores Stingley; dear uncle of Florence Daly, John
Nowakowski and Sharon Piekosz. Funeral Thursday at 10:15 a.m. from
McKeon Funeral Home, 37th street at Lowe avenue, to St. Barbara
church. Mass at 11 a.m. Interment Resurrection. Member of St. Barbara
H. N. S., Fort Dearborn; K. of C., past president of Gleneagles Men's
club, P. N. A., Hamburg A. A., 11th Ward Regular Democratic
organization and Edward O'Leary Upsidedown club. YA 7-0925.

On Sep 30, 2005, at 7:00 PM,
wrote:

> IRISH-IN-CHICAGO-D Digest Volume 05 : Issue 45
>
> Today's Topics:
> #1 STEWART'S CLUB - UPSIDEDOWN CLUB [Judith Mason
> <]
>
> Administrivia:
> To unsubscribe from IRISH-IN-CHICAGO-D, send a message to
>

> that contains in the body of the message the command
>
> unsubscribe
>
> and no other text. No subject line is necessary, but if your software
> requires one, just use unsubscribe in the subject, too.
>
> To contact the IRISH-IN-CHICAGO-D list administrator, send mail to
> .
>
> ______________________________
>

> From: Judith Mason <>
> Date: September 30, 2005 12:54:45 AM CDT
> Subject: STEWART'S CLUB - UPSIDEDOWN CLUB
>

> Hello Listers;
>
> My father belonged to these organizations until his death in 1974.
> I believe they were formed to help the families of fallen police
> officers and/or fireman. Do any of you know anything about these
> clubs?
>
> Appreciate any information.
>
> Judie Mason
> Chicago