From: Nan Brennan <>
Subject: Re: Stewart Club of Chicago
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2005 21:26:26 -0500

1969-06-03
Chicago Tribune (IL)

Henry J. Bruen

Edition: Chicago Tribune

I found this Chicago 1969 obit which gives a little info on the
Stewart Club:

I am pretty sure the address of the club would place it in the Austin
neighborhood.

Mass for Henry J. Bruen, 69, former photographer for the county
coroner, will be said at 10 a.m. tomorrow in St. Vincent Ferrer
Catholic church, 1530 Jackson av. River Forest, Mr. Bruen, of 1626 N.
77th ct., Elmwood Park, died Saturday in his home. He retired five
years ago. Mr. Bruen was president of the Stewart Club of Chicago, a
social and athletic organization at 5249 Madison st., for 26 years.
He leaves his daughter. Mrs. Betty Przestwor; and two grandchildren.

Have you tried checking with historian of the Chicago Police Dept?

On Sep 30, 2005, at 7:00 PM,
wrote:

> IRISH-IN-CHICAGO-D Digest Volume 05 : Issue 45
>
> Today's Topics:
> #1 STEWART'S CLUB - UPSIDEDOWN CLUB [Judith Mason
> <]
>
> Administrivia:
> To unsubscribe from IRISH-IN-CHICAGO-D, send a message to
>

> that contains in the body of the message the command
>
> unsubscribe
>
> and no other text. No subject line is necessary, but if your software
> requires one, just use unsubscribe in the subject, too.
>
> To contact the IRISH-IN-CHICAGO-D list administrator, send mail to
> .
>
> ______________________________
>

> From: Judith Mason <>
> Date: September 30, 2005 12:54:45 AM CDT
> Subject: STEWART'S CLUB - UPSIDEDOWN CLUB
>

> Hello Listers;
>
> My father belonged to these organizations until his death in 1974.
> I believe they were formed to help the families of fallen police
> officers and/or fireman. Do any of you know anything about these
> clubs?
>
> Appreciate any information.
>
> Judie Mason
> Chicago