Subject: Re: Church on Archer
Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2005 00:08:44 EDT

Cece wrote:

"I have found what I believe is my GGG Grandmother, Susan BREEN in the 1880
census.

It shows her living on Archer Avenue.

Could someone tell me what parish that would have been, lo those many years
ago ?!!"
************
Cece
From the list of closed Chicago parishes:
St. Bridget (Archer Ave.): 1850-1990, Irish; 1847, mission status; 1850
considered to be founding date of parish but all sacramental records were kept by
St. Patrick's for the next four years; records at Archives.

There is also a photo of the church on the Library of Congress Web Site
compliments of the Chicago Daily News. The caption says it was on the corner of
Archer and Arch Streets (Arch Street may have changed to something else?).

Kathleen Richmond
Oak Forest IL

This thread: