From: Dan Hogan <>
Subject: Re: [Irish in Chicago]
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 2005 10:58:13 -0800

It is not only good to study US history but the history of the mother
countries as well. Genealogy is multifaceted and takes years to do
accurately.
Example if one is searching for German ancestors, one must know that
there was no "Germany" prior to 1872. Also, Irish counties/name
places/boundaries/have changed over the years and one must know these
changes to find people.
For example Kings County is now County Offaly.
Dan Hogan
On Wednesday, March 2, 2005, at 07:40 PM, KPW114 wrote:

> Thanks for all the ideas and directions of places to search, now what
> was happening here in the states in 1869 and up, back to the history
> books, I knew I should have paid more attention when I was in school,
> Kathy

This thread: