From: "Joyce Hennessy" <>
Subject: Kindness of Irish Priest
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 20:15:57 -0600

I have been reading with great interest the discussion of research in
Ireland. When my husband and I were there in July or 2003, we went and saw
the priest in Newport Co. Mayo. I had been writing to him for a time, and he
did know we were coming but not exactly when. He not only showed us some
records but he had us follow him to the very place my mother-in-law was
born. We would never have found it on our own. My husband of course
offered him a donation which he reluctantly took. When I have written to
him, I also send a small donation, and he mentioned one time I did not have
to do so. Of course I did not listen to him.

Joyce Hennessy - researching Murray and Sheridan in Co. Mayo

This thread: