Subject: Re: Cork records- how?
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2005 20:23:49 EST

Jennifer,

Were the children married in Ireland or Chicago? If Ireland, I would look at
the marriage index. If Catholic, start in 1864. If Church of Ireland, start
in 1845. Since the marriage would take place in the bride's parish, you would
have the church records to look at.

Just a thought.

Also, looking at thirteen church records wouldn't be too bad. Try the
FamilySearch.org website. Go to the library catalog and click on place name. Type
in the civil parish name and nothing else. See if any church records pop up. I
just realized this is Cork. I'm not sure if the LDS have the films on the
Cork churches but try anyway.

Good luck.

Nora Hopkins FitzGerald
Searching for Fahey/Hogan/Keane/Hopkins in Chicago from Mayo

In a message dated 3/2/2005 7:13:17 PM Eastern Standard Time, (J Lyons)