From: "J Lyons" <>
Subject: Cork records- how?
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2005 18:20:10 -0500

Hello,
I've been following this discussion with interest, as I am trying to find records in County Cork. I wish I could find a simple way to do it.
Patrick Lyons came to Chicago about 1879. He's in the 1880 census as a widower. His children came to Chicago before him. William, my husband's g-grandfather, came about 1865. Ellen Lyons Sheehan, Mary Lyons Connors, John Lyons, and Patrick Lyons came later. I have burial locations for all of these people, and know that they came from County Cork.
I'ver been able to trace these families into the near present, but have been stymied about how to work backward.
I did find an obituary for Patrick jr. which listed Patrick sr. and Nora McDonnell as his parents.
I want to find out if Nora died in Ireland (She's not buried in Chicago), where Patrick may have lived- there are 13 in Griffith's valuation- and if there were more children.
Ideas?
-Jennifer Lyons

This thread: