Subject: Re: [Irish in Chicago]
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2005 21:09:22 EST

I have done a lot of research in Ireland and had no problems with the
Catholic parishes I requested marriage and baptism records from. The catholic
church is suffering from a shortage of priest and the priest they have in some
cases have to cover two parishes which does not leave them a lot of time. I do
not feel it is a catholic against protestant thing. As for the heritage
centers I have also obtained information from them. The cost of course depends
on how much research has to be done. We need to remember that these are not
volunteer centers.

This thread: