Subject: Searching for Dacey and Ryan in Chicago and LaSalle
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 2005 23:04:18 EST

Am looking for Timothy (Patrick) Dacey who might have come to the Chicago
area around 1850 to work on the canal and Ann Ryan who maybe never married, had a
daughter Alice Lavinia Dacey in 1854 in LaSalle. Can find nothing on either
Timothy or Ann. We're thinking perhaps Ann died in childbirth or shortly
after Alice's birth. Alice was left in an orphanage during the Civil War and then
went to work as a servant in someone's home. She married my great
grandfather Brant Thayer in Chicago at age 17. Is anyone else working on Dacey?
Thanks very much for any help. I've been stymied by them.
Kathy

This thread: