Subject: working with Irish Gro
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 13:38:03 EST

Hello Diane.

I have purchased civil registration copies from GRO by Fax from America for
1.90 Euro each, but most of my deep Irish research is in the actual same
indexes filmed by the LDS church in the 1950s.

Your local LDS Family History Center should have many of the indexes, and
then, IF you find who you might be searching for, you can rent a film to obtain
the actual copy of the birth (or marriage or death) registration after 1864.

I currently do specific lookups for people for a wee fee plus the cost of
the film rental, as I am deep in Irish research in Cork & a bit of Waterford &
Tipperary for the past year+. You can do the same at your local LDS FHC.

Once you have found the likely name, registration district, date, volume and
page number,

you can fax that to Irish GRO along with your credit card info, and in two
weeks or so, you shall receive the copy in a brown waxy envelope from Ireland!

If you need further help, contact me off line & I can guide you through.

Regards,

Candi in California

This thread: