Subject: Re: [Irish in Chicago] Find Andrew O'Brien
Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 13:29:38 EST

Mike,

I found the following info for you.

1942-10-02
Chicago Tribune (IL)
O'BRIEN

Edition: Chicago Tribune

Andrew O'Brien, beloved husband of Lillian J., nee Moore; father of Andrew
F., Donald J., Joseph J., Robert L., and Mrs. Lillian Hurley, brother of Mrs.
Mary Kelly and the late Mrs. Deborah Frizie. Funeral Saturday, 8:30 a.m., from
funeral home, 5438 S. Halsted street, to Visitation church. Burial Holy
Sepulchre. Bou. 0662.

1947-11-20
Chicago Tribune (IL)
O'BRIEN

Edition: Chicago Tribune

Robert O'Brien of 5610 Carpenter street, beloved son of Lillian [nee Moore],
and the late Andrew, brother of Andrew, Donald, Joseph, and Lillian Hurley,
stepson of Louis Miller. Funeral Saturday at 9:30 a.m., from funeral home, 5438
S. Halsted street, to Visitation church. Interment Holy Sepulchre. Member of
Visitation Holy Name society. Boulevard 0662

You can reach Holy Sepulchre Cemetery at:

http://www.cathcemchgo.org/Locations.htm

They are pretty helpful. Maybe his parents are buried there also.

Also, I found his death registered on the Illinois Online Death database. It
gives date and death cert number. From this info you can request his death
cert online. This should give his parents info, spouse info, etc. Type obrien
vs o'brien to search. There is also an Andrew O'Brien who died in 1923. This
is probably the father. The death cert may show where in Ireland he was born
- and the names of his parents and wife.

http://www.cyberdriveillinois.com/GenealogyMWeb/IDPHDeathSearchServlet

Visitation parish can be reached at:

http://parishdirectory.archchicago.org/ParishList.aspx?sType=AA&sName=visitati
on&sChoice=4

I found the family in the 1920 census. They lived at 5424 S. Morgan. Andrew
was 32 years, Lillian was 27 years, Andrew F (son) was 6 yrs , Donald was 4
years, and Donald was 1 year. Evidently the other children were not yet born.

I also found an Andrew O'Brien in the 1900 census. He lived (a boarder) at
1101 W. 47th Street (not too far from the Morgan St. address). He was 29 years
old at the time.

Hope this helps.

Maureen N

This thread: