From: Bonnie <>
Subject: Fwd: [Irish in Chicago] Nativity of Our Lord and St. Gabes
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 13:25:26 -0400

For Art--

8052 Winchester would probably belong to the Little Flower
parish, located at 80th and Honore (abt. 3 blocks away).

We're not 100% sure Little Flower goes back to 1933, but it
was definitely there in the 1950's...one of the fastest growing
parishes in Chicago...there's a standing south-sider joke
about six degrees of separation from Little Flower parish.

Little Flower is still open, the activist priest Father Flager (sp?)
has been there for at least the past 15 years. I believe it's
almost entirely Black.

I haven't looked for the FHC film for Little Flower...you're farther
south than my clan in St. Gabes.

Good luck.

Bonnie

This thread: