Subject: [Irish in Chicago] MITCHELL - McCARTY
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 2004 16:10:58 EST

My great-grandfather, George C. Mitchell, was born in Dublin in 1830 and
emigrated to this country in 1847. Was a wireworker in Cincinnati; moved to
Chicago bet. 1867 and 1870. Continued to be a wireworker.

He married SARAH W. McCARTY, who family records say was born in Cork,
Ireland, in 1864 in Cincinnati. A researcher found someone by the same name who was
christened in Cork in the Church of Ireland (Episcopalian). Am trying to
find a U.S. church record or other document to prove that my ggm is the same
Sarah W. McCarty. She appears in the 1870 and 1880 Chicago Censuses, and those
are the only records I can find for her.

I have a list of the address where they lived in Chicago. Could someone help
me match up Episcopal churches and neighborhoods, so that I could write to
the appropriate church(es) for Sarah's records?

Thanks.

Carol (Mitchell) King

Can anyone help? I have a list of addresses where they lived in Chicago

This thread: