Subject: Re: [Irish in Chicago] Chicago Street Maps
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2004 12:27:11 EST

Michael,

Your relatives lived on the South Side in Chicago which was primarily Irish
and German at one time. My family lived on the South Side also - in St,
Columbanus parish.

Following are some websites to help you locate the information you requested.

Chicago street maps - go into Google search engine - www.google.com
- enter "Chicago Street Map"
You will get many options of accessing street maps of all of Chicago.

Parishes - you can go into the Archdiocese of Chicago website and click on
"parishes" to locate the specific parishes you want.
http://www.archdiocese-chgo.org/

Cemeteries - I have relatives buried in both cemeteries you mentioned in your
email. Mt Olivet is located on 111th street - a few blocks of Western ave.
Holy Sepulchre Cemetery is located in Worth Illinois - on 111th Street -
around Ridgeland Avenue. You can go into the Chicago Archdiocese Cemetery website
to get additional info on each cemetery.
http://www.cathcemchgo.org/home.htm

There is also another website which may be of interest you. This contains
both cemeteries.
http://www.graveyards.com/index2.html

By the way, all the streets you are searching are still in existance. New
maps will give you correct information.

Anything else, just let me know.

Maureen

This thread: