Subject: [Irish in Chicago] Mount Carmel Cemetery
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 08:58:13 EST

In a message dated 02/06/2004 4:01:02 PM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:

> Hi all,
>
> Is there a book, or other source, available with a complete list of burials
> for this cemetery.
>
> M. Whitty.

There is no book for Mount Carmel Cemetery in Hillside. They do have a great
staff who will help you with lookups. Plus they have a computer in their
offices where you can look up burials.

>From your email address, it appears that you live in Ireland. I would
suggest writing to them and asking them for the people you are looking for.
Although the cemetery is chock full of Italians, there are many other nationalities
there as well. Most of my Italian family ancestors and current family members
are buried there.

I provided them with a listing of the surnames that I am researching and they
worked through it and even mailed me the information to my new address in
Florida. I had lived in Indianapolis, Indiana and has traveled to the cemetery
many times. When I was getting ready to move, I provided them with this list,
and they then mailed me the information to my new Florida home.

Good luck in your search.

Denise

This thread: