From: "tomcleary" <>
Subject: RE: [Irish in Chicago] Mount Carmel Cemetery - Hillside, Illinois.
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 23:22:39 -0500

I don't believe so. I have been there and the office, which is at the
cemetery across the street (Queen of Heaven?), will give four or five
lookups without a problem. Oddly, I found that my great grandfather was
caretaker at this cemetery in the early 1900's through information on his
death certificate. I have many family members there.
I was told by the office that the archdiocese did not assume the cemetery
until later. They have some unmarked graves and no idea who is in there.
They could not even give information concerning the employment of my
great-grandfather because of an archdiocese policy (I wonder if he was
eligible for re-hire?) Oh well.
Tom