From: "Nan Brennan" <>
Subject: [Irish in Chicago] Walsh /Lynch Chgo obit native Kerry
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 16:20:29 -0600

Could SKS please post to the Walsh Board?

Some of the people listed in these obits attended my father's funeral in Chicago in 1972.
I believe these Walshes are cousins of my father, Tom Brennan (his father Edward born Guhard, Lisselton. His mother Julia Howard Walsh Brennan born Listowel). It isn't clear from these obits if Maurice Walsh was from Kerry, but I think he probably was and clearly his wife Nanny Lynch was.

Please contact me if you are related to anyone named in these obituaries.

Many thanks, Nan Brennan Chicago.

1962-06-19
Chicago Tribune (IL)
Walsh Nora [Nannie] Walsh, nee Lynch, beloved wife of the late Maurice E.; fond mother of Robert, Catherine Davitt, Eleanor McNally, and Maureen Springer; dear sister of Katherine Lynch, James, Michael, the late Maurice, Martin, Jeremiah, John, Elizabeth, and Molly Boland. Funeral Wednesday, 9:30 a.m., from Kenny Brothers, 5438 S. Halsted street, to St. Mary Star of the Sea church. Mass 10 a.m. Interment Holy Sepulchre. Native of County Kerry, Ireland. BO 8-0662. Copyright 1962, Chicago Tribune. For permission to reprint, contact Chicago Tribune. Record Number: 19620619dn167

1959-06-18 Chicago Tribune (IL)
WALSH Maurice Walsh, beloved husband of Nora [Nanny], nee Lynch; fond father of Robert, Catherine Davitt, Eleanor McNally, and Maureen Springer; dear brother of Barth of Ireland, the late Nellie Lynch, and Martin. Funeral Friday, 9:15 a.m., from funeral home, 5438 S. Halsted street, to St. Mary Star of the Sea church. Interment Holy Sepulchre. Please omit flowers. BO 8-0662. Copyright 1959, Chicago Tribune. For permission to reprint, contact Chicago Tribune. Record Number: 19590618dn128

1979-09-12 Chicago Tribune (IL)
WALSH Robert E. Walsh, loving husband of Lillian, nee Maleski; dear brother of Katherine Davitt, Eleanor McNally and Maureen Springer; uncle of many nieces and nephews. Visitation Wednesday 2 p.m. to 10 p.m. Funeral Thursday, 9:45 a.m., from Thompson Funeral Home, 5570 W. 95th St., Mass 10:30 a.m. Interment St. Mary. Retiree of Sears Roebuck & Co. 425-0500. copyright 1979, Chicago Tribune. For permission to reprint, contact Chicago Tribune. Record Number: 19790912dn090

This thread: