Subject: Re: [Irish in Chicago] Cemetery Record Info
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 12:32:18 EST

In a message dated 2/3/2004 10:51:20 AM Central Standard Time,
writes:

> Listers.. I am seeking your advice .......Has anyone researched at Mt.
> Olivet?
> Carole
> Researching: HENNESSY, CRONIN, DUNNE, POWERS, BRENNAN

A few years back the records for Mt Olivet were on ledgers at the office.
Since then, I believe they have been transcribed and are available through the
kiosk at the neighboring cemetery but only list the name, burial date and where
they are buried. The best way I have found is that starting with the name and
date from the cemetery, you can search the database at the Illinois archives
(on Line) and you may find the death certificate you need which can give you
some clues. From that certificate you can use the address to search the census
records or even research the neighborhood as it might have some of the
history you are looking for. If you are able to travel to Mt Olivet, sometimes the
stones in the surrounding graves also can give clues. There is some awesome
stonework there.

Good luck in your search
Kathy
Researching O'CONNOR TEAHAN MAHONEY O'BRIEN RYAN

This thread: