Subject: [Irish in Chicago] Dacey/Ryan
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 08:48:07 EST

Maureen,
Thanks for your reply. Their daughter Alice Lavinia Dacey was born in
LaSalle, Illinois on July 8, 1854. She married Brant Crawford Thayer, Sr. in
Chicago on August 3, 1874 and died in Sacramento, CA in 1957. I have looked on
the LDS record site,but have found nothing. I wrote several years ago
enquiring about orphanages but was told that the records had been lost during the
Chicago fire. We really don't know what orphanage she was in. I would like to
find death record somewhere for Ann Ryan presumably Dacey, but have not been
able to do so. I don't know either if Alice had any siblings, but my mother
never heard of any. We are thinking that perhaps her mother died in childbirth or
soon after.

I will access the website you suggested.
Thanks again.

This thread: