Subject: Re: [Irish in Chicago] Dacey/Ryan inquiry
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 2004 18:05:42 EST

I am new to this site, but I (and my mother before) have been trying to find
information on Timothy (Patrick) Dacey and Ann Ryan who were married in
LaSalle, Illinois. They had a daughter Alice Lavinia Dacey born in LaSalle, but
that is the extend. There is no further mention of Ann Ryan. Timothy Dacey is
recorded in enlistments for the Civil War. Alice Lavinia Dacey reportedly
lived in an orphanage in Chicago and was then hired out for household help. She
ended up marrying Brant C. Thayer..We cannot find anything on Ann Ryan or
Timothy Dacey's birth/when they came from Ireland, if Ann died when Alice was
young (supposedly she did)...Can anyone steer me to where I might look for
information?
Thank you.
Kathy Wright

This thread: