Subject: Re: [Irish in Chicago] Tobias BURKE
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 17:08:49 -0400

I don't think so. My Tobias married a French Canadian girl in Oshkosh
WI - she was the cousin of his brother-in-law (tricky, isn't it??)

But your Catherine Daly rang a bell:

1920 US>IL>Cook>Chicago 30th Ward, ED 1820, sheet No. 5A, lines 33-37
( Neglected to put the name of the street down, or I couldn't read it)
House No. 818

Burke, Tobias head, age 42 immigrated 1896, naturalized 1916, b. Ireland
Burke, Catherine, wife, age 40, immigrated 1896, b. Ireland
Burke, John, son age 18 b. IL, Occupation: clerical, railroad
Burke, Catherine, daughter, age 11, b. IL
Burke, William, son, age 7, b. IL

Directly next door is Catherine DALY age 46, immigrated 1890, head of
household, daughter Anna 18, son Thomas 16, her brother, Stephen BURKE
age 31 immigrated 1910, neice Lillian 6, nephew James 3, her brother
Charles BURKE 40, immigration unknown.

If you have any questions, get back to me............Kelly

This thread: