Subject: [Irish in Chicago] Tobias BURKE
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 06:59:37 -0400

I have been reading the 1900 census recently and found the following
Tobias BURKE information, plus there's some here that was sent to me.
<<<THESE MAY NOT BE THE SAME COUPLE, BUT IS WORTH INVESTIGATING THE
POSSIBILITY.>>>

Here is a listing I found recently in the 1900 US>IL>Cook>Chicago>Town
of Lake census, ED 872, p. 323 (page 8 of 33 on Ancestry.com):
355 W. 46th , sharing a house with the Patrick Healy family.

Burke, Tobie(?), head, b. July 1863, age 37, he b. Ireland, parents b.
Ireland, Immigrated 1884, 16 years in the US, Naturalized, Day Laborer,
Rents
Burke, Ellen, wife, b. May 1870, age 30, b. Ireland, parents b. Ireland,
Immigrated 1887, 13 years in the US.
Burke, Ellen, daughter, b. June 1894, age 7, b. Illinois, parents b. Ireland
Burke, Mary, daughter, b. June 1894, age 7, b. Illinois, parents b. Ireland

They have been 8 years in this marriage.

This is what was sent to me:
wrote:

A result of your requested PML search. To refine or cancel this
search, please visit http://pml.rootsweb.com/
Source:
Subject: St Cecelia Parish records LDS film 1752080 1885+

Here are some lookups I have found

Marriages 1885-1900 St Cecelia's

Tobias Burke & Ellen McCormick 7/5/1891
William O'Brien & Ellen Sullivan sponsor Elizabeth Burke 9/5/1891
Walsh/Egan 5/12/1896
Ed White & Catherine Toomey 12/31/1896 with sponsors John Kennedy & Margaret
Leary with Parish Priest JPO'Reilly

Baptisms

Agnes to Michael Monahan & Hanorah Cullghan (sic) 9/2/1900

I will be posting requested lookups to the list from Cecelia's Parish
records. Please let me know if we score on a connection.

Regards,

Candi from CA

This thread: