From: "Carole Demers" <>
Subject: [Irish in Chicago] St. Mary's Cemetery--Powers/Sutter
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 21:11:07 -0700

In researching my grandmother's cousin, Ellen Powers married to Emil Sutter (d. 30 Dec 1949), I have found the obituaries of Emil and sons: John E. (d. 1973), Jerome J. (d. 1977), Robert D. (d. 1975). All the obituaries say interment at St. Mary's & then I find there are three St, Mary cemeteries in the area. I am not familiar with the Chicago area so don't know which one would be the most likely burial place where I could possibly get some information on Ellen Powers Sutter & her other son, Thomas J. Sutter. I cannot seem to find them through online searchable obituaries or death indexes & wonder if Ellen Powers Sutter might have remarried. She was born in Chicago ca 1892.

The obituary showed Emil's address as 6320 S. Bell Avenue & the funeral home as 6915 S. Wentworth Avenue, funeral at St. Rita's Chapel, 63d and Oakley. Although the sons' funerals were at different churches & other funeral homes, all their obituaries say interment at St. Mary's and I feel they are all in the family plot.

Any good guesses which St. Mary's Cemetery would be the most likely burial place? Any help/clue will be appreciated.

Carole

Researching: HENNESST, CRONIN, POWERS, FOX, DUNNE, O'CONNOR

This thread: