From: "KayB" <>
Subject: [Irish in Chicago] Irish In Chicago Neighborhoods-St. Jarlath
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2003 16:03:35 -0500

Dear Eileen,
The area you described is simply called the Near West Side according to
the Chicago Fact Book. On the south side we don't designate the
neighborhood we live in, but rather the parish name. I can't speak for the
north or west sides of the city. The boundaries for the neighborhood are
Kinzie on
the north, the Chicago River on the east, 16th St. on the south and the
Penn RR tracks west of Western on the west. The area where the church was,
it is now closed, is now the University of Chicago Medical Center.

Kathleen Brennan Mammoser
Researching BRENNAN in Co. SLIGO and BRENNAN, GALLAGHER and KENNEDY in Co.
MAYO>CHICAGO

This thread: