From: "Eileen Johnson" <>
Subject: [Irish in Chicago] Neighborhoods
Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2003 15:38:15 -0400

How can I find out in what neighborhood my great-great grandfather lived? The 1880 Census has James M. Doyle and family at 701 Monroe St. Chicago. When he died in 1909 the Doyle's were living at 719 Ashland Boulevard, Chicago according to his obituary. He was buried from S. Jarlath's Church which was located at S. Hermitage Ave , corner of W. Jackson Blvd. so I'm guessing that he lived somewhere near the church.

Thanks in advance to anyone who can offer assistance with this.

Eileen Beales Johnson
Lexington, NC

This thread: