Subject: [Irish in Chicago] Irish Section of webpage
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 22:13:53 EDT

Hi.... I have been subscribed to this mail list for a while, but have been
lurking. I am working on a new website. It is not up yet, but it will be
located at:

www.cookcountygenealogy.com

I had a webpage previously at but they wanted
way too much money for me to keep that website, so I refused to pay the fees.
I think it would be great to have a section of my website devoted to the
different ethnicities of Chicago. My mother's mother was descended from Irish
ancestors, and her father was born in Italy. My mother went to school at
Sacred Heart at 19th & Peoria, and was a member of one of those joinings of Irish
with another nationality.

It may be a little while before I get the webpage up. I have lots of great
information that is free to search that will be located there, and if you have
anything that you would like to donate once the site is up, please feel free
to contact me. I've collected so much information on Chicago, and I love the
place so much. I visited there as often as I could when I lived in Indpls.,
but now live in S.E. Florida. I truly miss Chicago so much.

The idea to add the different nationality sections is coming from the
discussions that are going on, on this mail list. With my grandfather born in Italy
and with Italian family living on Forquer and on Taylor and Paulina, and my
Irish family living close, it will always help with my own family research to
study those two countries and their countrymen in Chicago.

I also have Bohemian relatives. My mother's mother's sister married a man
with Bohemian roots. Another very interesting nationality to study. Just some
thoughts I was having and thought I'd share. Thanks.

Denise

This thread: