Subject: [Irish in Chicago] IN RESPONSE TO KELLY'S E-MAIL
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 17:59:15 EDT

I am currently on a research holiday with a Donovan cousin and my son.

We were able to study the Parish records for Leap, in So Cork. These records
have never been filmed. We found not only the 15 baptisms for Donovan
children, but the marriage of the older parents, and the marriage of the oldest
daughter, AND the birthj of their first son just before they went to Wales.

We are staying with cousins and have found new cousins, and we are truly
having a lovely holiday! Tomorrow we are going to Killarney to review the Parish
records for the family of James Toomey and sons Michael and Dennis.and more. I
have found their townland and family in 1901, 1911 Irish census in Keeltrasna,
Adrigole, on the Beara peninsula.

the Rootsweb lists have the most incredible people sharing their resources
and skills.

Thank ytou for this lifetime adventure! My 70 year Old cousin and my son will
never forget this!

Regards, Candi

In Cork City, then Dunmanway, and back to CA, USA.

This thread: