Subject: [Irish in Chicago] Good Book: Irish In Chicago
Date: Fri, 1 Aug 2003 17:25:43 EDT

I picked up this book at a Border's store in the Chicago area, so I would
imagine that it's available on-line at Border's.com.

The title is "Irish Chicago" by John Gerard McLaughlin, and it's 128 pages
are loaded with some great photographs of the Irish in Chicago. It costs about
$20.00. I was a bit disappointed that Captain Hennessy and his "Kilaloo Bird"
were not included. This was a pigeon died green that the Captain would pass off
as a "rare Irish bird." It was proudly displayed at the Southside parades.

Larry, researching: Gorman's, Quinn's, McNally & Dempsey's in Chicago.

This thread: