From: "Marsha Hildreth" <>
Subject: [Irish in Chicago] Barry and Cook families
Date: Wed, 30 Jul 2003 09:00:24 -0500

lot of my Irish Chicago family just going to the cemetery. My brother and I
had no clue as to the story of my great grandmother (Bridget Barry Cooke
Fitman) or my great grandfather (James Cooke). We had been told different
things. So, we visited Mt. Olivet and Holy Sepulchre. There in front of us
were the answers to many questions along with information to continue our
research. The initial information helped us to get all the way back to
Ireland in 1805. It's amazing. There are still dead ends, but I'm working
on those. Marsha

This thread: