From: Bonnie <>
Subject: [Irish in Chicago] Photos of Chicago Residences
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 22:17:56 -0400

I just ran across a great web site that was recommended
by SKS in a Cook County GENWEB query response.

For current photos of Chicago residences, visit:

http://www.cookcountyassessor.com/search

About 1/2 way down on the page, you can search
by address (I had best luck putting in a range of
or so street numbers, e.g. 1800-2000 S. Halsted).

If the building is still standing, you may find a photo!
I was very successful in finding addresses of my
ancestors from 1910 through 1930.

Don't forget, though, about the street re-numbering
in 1909. These are present-day photos, using
today's numbering.

Enjoy.

Bonnie

This thread: