From: "K. Ward" <>
Subject: [Irish in Chicago] Now what?
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 06:41:31 -0500

The reminder of the voter registrations for the late 1800's was very
much appreciated here. I had found my elusive Tobias BURKE, and
possibly his brother, Timothy, but not sure on that. But yesterday, in
re-examining the websites from Kathy(?) plus the benefit of my
Ancestry.com membership, I found my great-grandfather who was only in
Chicago for a few short years, but had registered as a voter in 1892,
and this re-affirmed where the family had lived & when they came to
Chicago.

I found that Tobias Burke was naturalized in 1887, "Superior Court, Cook
County". The soundex for BURKE is B620, and the FHL Film for B620-P to
B623 is 1432021.

Questions: Will this FHL film have a photo copy of Tobias'
naturalization record? Or, do I go elsewhere for that information? If
so, where?

Kelly Ward
Schoolcraft, Michigan

This thread: