From: Margaret Hayes <>
Subject: [Irish in Chicago] LALLY< McNALLY
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 17:53:32 -0800

Hi Nora and Patrick

Thanks so much for your replys. I have just recently started to search for my Chicago ancestors, This is what I have so far
Michael LALLY and Cicsely BOURKE were married in Islandeady, County Mayo c 1864
Their children were:
Thomas b1864 d1942 Chicago m Mathilda maiden name UNK. No children
Patrick b 1867 d1913 Chicago
Catherine b 1872 Married UNK McNALLY
Michael b 1874
James b 1885
Margaret dob unk
John dob unk
All the children were baptised in the Glenisland Chapel (RC) of the Islandeady Parish, County Mayo They arrived in Chicago as young adults but their parents remained in Ireland and are buried in Islandeady.

Thomas and Patrick are buried in Mount Carmel. I have not found records of the others yet.

Anyone see any connections

Nora, Thanks for the offer to look for the names in your book. Any LALLYs listed ?? or GAVINs???

Thanks and Happy Hunting

Margaret

This thread: