From: Fran Wooldridge <>
Subject: [Irish in Chicago] Re: McNally connection
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 12:22:54 -0800

Hi Margaret,
I noticed your post and saw that you have McNally in your genealogy search. While most of my line is McGuire, we have a strong tie to the
McNally line in Chicago. They came from County Roscommon in Ireland. I have a Phillip McGuire born in 1866 married to Catherine McNally.
Phillip was my great-grandmother, Bridget's, brother. To make matters more confusing, Bridget McGuire married a different McGuire line,
Edward, who also has a McNally in their line. Martin McNally married Ann Guire around the 1850's or so. I know of a cousin Martin McNally
who traveled between Ireland and Chicago with Phillip McGuire. They were cousins. This is mostly off the top of my head right now, but I
have more specific info if this sounds like it fits with yours.

Fran Wooldridge
searching for
McGuire
Cummings
Gill
Clarke
(all from Ireland and settled in Chicago)

This thread: