From: Nancy Mazzeo Reeb <>
Subject: [Irish in Chicago] Bishop Brennan of Chicago
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 13:56:37 -0500

Can anyone give me information on this family. I don't have much to go on.

Patrick Brennan & Bridget Colgan of Treenfonchnane a.k.a. Treenabontry,
Bohola, County Mayo, Ireland had the following children

1849 birth Mary Paddy (married Bryan Mullany (Pulronahane)
1849-1856 birth Anne (married Andrew Carney possibly Treenaglera)
Patrick, Jr. married (Bridget Walsh Walshtown)
Bridget (married Patrick Egan Corahoor)
Jimmy (married McHugh from Cartron and emig. to Texas~had a son a Bishop
in Chicago)
Nell (married Michael Kelly Treenfoughnane)
Richard (married Bridget Doyle Attavally)

Their son
James "Jimmy" Brennan who married a girl named McHugh from Cartron,
Kiltimagh.
They emigrated to Texas and had 1 known daugther and 1 son.

This son was said to have become a Bishop in Chicago, Illinois. I want
to find out anything about this family.

Nancy

This thread: