From: "Bourne Seniors" <>
Subject: [Irish in Chicago] Catholic Church Records in Will & Cook Counties
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 10:55:24 +1300

Hi Listers,

Can anyone tell me where one can access records of the Catholic Churches in the Will & Cook counties, Illinois, for the 1860-1870's ??

Also :

Are the records indexed by surname ?

Which diocese would they be covered by, and how can one contact them ?

We are looking for SOLON baptisms, marriage or death records, ( particularly the marriage of Thomas SOLON and Sarah McGILL pre 1862 in Joliet )

I am working in conjunction with 3 ladies in the USA, trying to sort out the many SOLON families there, & find which belong to each of us.

Any suggestions very much appreciated.

Regards
Merril Bourne
Auckland