From: "Maureen" <>
Subject: libraries in chicago
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 08:59:24 -0400

Hello listers

I am coming back to Chicago for a few days. I wonder which library has the
best old records.
I went to Newberry last time and spent two days - first day trying to
understand how it
works. (you have to look up a book and then order it from another area). I
wonder what the other libraries have in their collections, like Washington,
on the
loop. Is there a Historical Society library in Chicago. Problem is I don't
have a
particular book or even subject. I am just interested in old Chicago
neighborhoods, at the turn
of the last century - Englewood in particular. Where is the Englewood
library located? (address)

thanks
Maureen

This thread: