From: De Francesco Wolfango <>
Subject: kankakee irish
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2002 11:28:27 +0200

hello barb,
my family came from monaghan and louth and stopped in kankakee. the name of
their church mostly used by the irish in kankakee was st. patricks :

St. Patricks is in the archdiocese of Joliet

Rev. Richard Pignini, CSV
St. Patricks Parish
428 S. Indiana
Kankakee, iL , 60901

I hope this can help you look for parish records too. regards, mary

> Risposta:
> Data: Mon, 21 Oct 2002 12:34:44 -0600
> Oggetto: IRISH-IN-CHICAGO-D Digest V02 #90
>

> Da: "Larry Unger" <>
> Data: Sun, 20 Oct 2002 19:19:24 -0500
> Oggetto: Large group of Irish
>
> Have very large extended family from Cty Antrim who arrived in Chicago in
> 1860-01870's. Some went to Kankakee and settleed there. Family names,
> Mcglade, Halls, Moat, Harper, Ferguson, Mcillroy and Nixon. Many from Parish
> of Killead. Thanks Barb

This thread: