From: Nancy Mazzeo Reeb <>
Subject: Update on my Mullaney's
Date: Fri, 11 Oct 2002 15:07:26 -0400

I found what is left of my Mullaney line in Chicago. They now live in
Oak Lawn. Family names were Powers~O'Malley~O'Brien.
Annie Kate Mullany Powers died in 1989 at the age of 90 years.

I am looking for descendants of Michael Mullany born 1866 in Cleragh,
Kiltimagh, Co. Mayo. The son of Bridget Byrne of Toocanagh, Bohola,
County Mayo and Mark Mullany of Cleragh. Michael married Mary Connolly
of Cahir, Aghamore, County Mayo and they raised their family in Cultibo,
Claremorris, Co. Mayo which is quite near Kiltimagh.

Their children all went to Chicago. Living at first with their uncle
Dominick Connolly who resided at 742 W. 51st St. & 6629 S. Oakley St.
1. Annie Kate Mullany b. Jan. 20, 1899 came to Chicago Apr. 15, 1915.
In 1920 she was a telephone operator. She married in Chicago but
I have no name.

2. Margaret Mullany, Jr. b. Jan. 6, 1900 arrive in Chicago Jan. 24,
1920. Is said to have died young.

3. Michael Mullany b. Sept. 1, 1901 arrived in Chicago Oct. 1, 1923
going to be with his sister Annie Kate. Married to unknown in Chicago.

4. Helen "Ellen" Mullany b. abt 1902 (?) arrived in Chicago. Was
married to Pat O'Brien who was born in Cleragh, Kiltimagh. Ellen
went home in the late 40's to tend to her parents who died in
1950-1951. Ellen herself died in 1956 and her husband returned to
Chicago for awhile but returned to Kiltimagh where he died in
1985. Both buried in Kiltimagh.

5. Mary Mullany b. abt 1903 arrived in Chicago Oct. 1, 1923 along with
brother Michael going to live with Annie Kate also.

6. Bea Mullany the youngest child also went to Chicago.

The entire family is gone from Kiltimagh now. I went and placed flowers
on the parents grave at Easter of this past year in Kilkinure Cemetery
in Kiltimagh. Any help at all with this family would be welcomed.

Nancy Reeb

This thread: