From: "Judith A. Mason" <>
Subject: Re: Elgin State Hospital
Date: Mon, 2 Sep 2002 15:15:18 -0500

Emily;
Would you be so kind to go into a bit more detail regarding how you obtained
records from Elgin State Hospital. I had an Uncle die there and believe my
grandfather died at Dunning. I was told only a court order could release
these mental health records. I hesitated in attempting to obtain the
records because of the possible legal expense ie lawyer's fee. Thanking you
in advance for any guidance you can provide.
Judie Mason
Chicago, IL