From: "Carole Demers" <>
Subject: Re: church records
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2002 10:07:56 -0700

Listers: I have the 1870 census which showed my Hennessy family living in
the 8th Ward of Chicago, no street address. Grace (Cronin) & Timothy
Hennessy were married in 1870 & my grandmother, Mary Elizabeth, was born in
1871. By 1880 they were living at 212 Newberry Avenue (don't know what Ward
that is) . Could anyone tell me which churches might have been in Ward 8
during the early 1870s? I would like to try find marriage information for
Grace & Timothy, and baptismal info for my grandmother.

Carole