From: "Mary Lou McBride" <>
Subject: Re: Chicago Irishand church records
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 21:50:27 -0600

Hi, fellow and women Irish, This is such a great sight which I just
discovered !zi copied the church list and am glad to have it. Thanks My
family was living in Chicago in the 1870's and 80'sThe St. Bridget and
Visitation churches were where my family attended. Holy Family started in
1657 according to the list that I copied It is still going. It is at 1019 S
May St. 5528 S Union is close to where my kin lived. I bought an Atlas
called Chicagoland Six county Atlas put out by American Map Corp. If you
need more info on Irish in Chicago, Ancestry. com is good, especially for
the census. Lots of material is free but some are not. The census
only goes to 1930. Hope this answered some question. Cheers, Mary Lou