From: KayB <>
Subject: Re: H.F. or H.G.
Date: Sat, 10 Aug 2002 15:27:58 -0500

Dear Maureen,
It could be Holy Family which is at 1080 W.
Roosevelt. It was a German parish at the beginning of
the 1900's. Or it could be Holy Guardian which was at
717 W. Arthington. That is in the same area but was an
Italian parish in the early 1900's. It was torn down
when they cleared the area for the University of
Illinois. I never heard of a Holy Ghost parish, but I
don't know all the parishes. You might want to contact
the Archdiocese of Chicago.
The address for the funeral home you mentioned was
on the West side, not the South side. Both of the above
churches were quite a way from the funeral home. I'm
also surprised that since your grandmother was living on
the North side, was waked on the West side she was
buried on the far South side. Sometimes these things
don't make any geographical sense and the funeral
director could have been someone they knew.
Good luck, you have an interesting puzzle on your
hands.

--
Kathleen Brennan Mammoser
Researching Brennan, Kennedy and Gallagher in Co. Mayo

This thread: