From: "" <>
Subject: Re: Mulligan Council #478
Date: Wed, 07 Aug 2002 03:26:52 -0500

I did a search for "Colonel Mulligan" using Copernic, and quite a few web
sites came up. Perhaps the Col. Mulligan Council #478 was similar to modern
day VFW posts.

Colonel Mulligan led the 23rd Infantry Illinois Volunteers during the Civil War.
Per the various web sites, this group was known as the "Irish Brigade."

Here are some web sites, concerning Colonel Mulligan.

http://www.rootsweb.com/~ilcivilw/history/023.htm

Colonel Mulligan is buried at Calvary Cemetery.
http://www.graveyards.com/calvary/mulligan.html

http://www.digitalhistory.com/schools/BattleofLexingtonStateHistoricSite/pricemul.htm

http://home.earthlink.net/~earthalive/AARLeetown.html

http://www.rootsweb.com/~ilcivilw/history/c01cav.htm