Subject: Shanahan/Corby/Ahern/Fisher/Gustafson
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 23:24:05 EDT

I visited Mt. Olivet cemetery and found my ggrandfather John Shanahan and
family, not all family members were listed on the monument, so i went back to
St. Casimir's where the records are and asked for a list of people buried
there. To my surprise there were 12 graves and only five were listed on
stone. One of them was Ulrich Gustafson, buried 09/10/1914, Swedish name with
the Irish Shanahan's. It pay's to ask questions about the graves, otherwise i
would not have found missing family members, that i only had birthdates on.
Anyone connected to the following John Shanahan d-1907 Ellen [Hammersly]
Shanahan d-1905, John Corby d- 1900, Bridget [Hammersly] Corby d- 1924,
Bess S. Fisher [Shanahan] d- 1938, Michael Ahern d- 1962, Mary Ahern
[Shanahan] d-1968 . Mr. Gustafson is the mystery man.,as none of the wife's
maiden names were Gustafson. Also John's brother Gregory Shanahan, separate
monument,wife Catherine,son Gregroy jr.Eileen Carraher, Loretta Caraher,
Edward Caraher, Andrew Reed, Anne Reed, Richard Zeller. Mary in ILL.

This thread: