Subject: Thomas Lally
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 07:31:00 EDT

Regarding the previous Thomas Lally posting.... I'm also on the
Cleveland-Irish mail list, and someone there asked me if my Bridget McKenna
married a Thomas Lally..... She hadn't. She was married to Petery Lynch and
then never remarried after he died in Cleveland in 1873. But I'm wondering
if your Thomas Lally might have been in Cleveland prior to coming to Chicago.

My great grandfather, James Peter Lynch, the son of Peter Lynch and Bridget
McKenna, was born in Haverstraw, NY. About 1863 the family traveled to
Cleveland, OH. I haven't determined yet why my James Peter Lynch moved to
Chicago, but at some point he did.

James Peter married Lucy Maude Kennedy in Chicago in 1882. So he traveled
there prior to 1882. Also, I know that at least one of his brothers was
married and living in Chicago and had his two children there in 1890 and
1892. Then by 1900, at least the children were living with their
grandmother, Bridget McKenna Lynch, back in Cleveland. Also, other siblings
of James Peter stayed in Cleveland.

I think moving from Cleveland to Chicago as the years passed was just a
natural progression of life as Chicago grew and expanded, and was an immense
draw on folks attempting to improve their lot in life.

If anyone has any connection to my James Peter Lynch and his wife, Lucy Maud
Kennedy in Chicago, I'd love to hear from you.

Also, his brother in Chicago was Peter T. Lynch, who was married to Nellie
Stack. I don't know if Nellie was born in Chicago or not. Their children
were Mary Geraldine Lynch (b. 13 Nov. 1890) and Peter J. Lynch (b. June
1892).

Denise Wells
IRL-CAVAN RW mail listowner
McGranahan RW mail listowner
Editor, The Irish Everywhere Newsletter - subscribe by sending email to

Cos. Cavan & Longford IrelandGenWeb Project coordinator
http://www.irelandgenweb.com

This thread: