From: Kelly Ward <>
Subject: MORAN - BURKE - SLATTERY
Date: Fri, 24 May 2002 05:44:06 -0400

I have been looking for info on my BURKE line in Chicago 1880's to 1900's (with
Mary BURKE HODGINS living in DesPlaines & buried in All Saints cemetery 1942
living there the longest).

In the 1880 Oshkosh WI census Tobias & Mary BURKE are listed with "Timothy MORAN,
father-in-law (to head of household)" living with them. The SLATTERY and James
MORAN families were living next to them in Oshkosh. By the early 1890's all of
these BURKE children are in Chicago (St. Mel's, Carroll, Lake, Washington & 40th
Pl addresses), their parents (Tobias & Mary) have disappeared, and the MORAN
families have disappeared from Oshkosh after the 1891-1893 city directory.

Does any Irish-in-Chicago researcher have:

Moran, Timothy b. 1805 IRE
Moran, James b. 1828 IRE
Moran, John b. 1866 WI

Slattery, Patrick b. 1820 IRE